pfsense does work with VoIP Much, and we have a customers using this router.
However, due to the complexity of pfsense, this is not a router we support.
If SIP (VoIP) through pfsense is not working, try the following:
- Disable source port rewriting
- Set Conservative state table optimization
We have found that adding port forwarding in pfsense, has no effect on SIP (VoIP).
If still not working, try also:
- Use the siproxd package
- Disable scrubbing (under System > Advanced). This is rarely required.
NOTE: pfsense by default only allows one sip registration to be active at a time on a protected LAN. The siproxd extension allows multiple phones to coexist happily, but it is a little confusing to set up.
If you need more than one SIP connection, and more than one is not working, try:
- Firewall: Rules: WAN = none for SIP or RTP
- Firewall: NAT: Port Forward = none
- Firewall: NAT: Outbound = Manual Outbound NAT, using default rule with NO Static Port mapping
- Reboot the pfsense machine