To configure your IP phone, you will need a computer (to access the web based configuration).
Once your IP phone has been connected to your internet router (or network switch)...
- Find the IP address of the Aastra phone by pressing the keys on your handset as follows:
- Press the Spanner key on the phone
- Press the scroll down button to reach Phone Status, press the button to confirm selection
- Select IP & MAC Addresses and press the key
The IP address of your phone will appear on the handset screen.
2. Enter the IP address found in Step 1 as a URL using a web browser on your PC.
The URL would look like: https://192.168.0.22
Your web browser will display a security alert window.
This is expected, simply confirm that you wish to continue accessing the web page.
3. You will be prompted for a username and password.
You will require administrator access to your Astra phone, in order to configure the service details.
The access details are:
- Username: Admin
- Password: 22222
You should see the status screen online once you login.
4. On the left menu section of the screen click on Line 1, under Advanced Settings
5. Enter the configuration details as shown in the image below.
Screen Name & Screen Name 2: A value of your choice
Phone Number: Your VoIP Much SIP device username
Caller ID: Your VoIP Much SIP device username
Authentication Name: Your VoIP Much SIP device username
Password: Your VoIP Much SIP device password
(or the SIP Server address specified in your setup email) Proxy Port
Outbound Proxy Server
(or the SIP Server address specified in your setup email)
Outbound Proxy Port: 5060
(or the SIP Server address specified in your setup email) Registrar Port
Click on the Save Settings button on the bottom of the screen.
Your phone will confirm the changes and advise you to restart your phone.
6. To restart your phone, click on the Reset option under the Operations section on the left-side menu.
Click on the button Restart (do not click the restore or remove buttons).
The phone will automatically restart.
Once the phone has completed it's reboot, simply dial 611.
You should hear the VoIP Much greeting message.
Congratulations, your done!